A high-tech product is never finite and if you want to play in the highest echelons, you have to be up to speed, follow the markets closely and, above all, be innovative and flexible. Since Summa embraced laser technology, the company continued to develop the laser portfolio to meet the highest industry standards for the (technical) textile, sportswear and apparel industries. Summa is, therefore, proud to present the L1810 2nd generation laser cutter and its new software GoProduce Laser Edition.
The new L1810 2nd generation is the first laser cutter fully developed by Summa. It combines the know-how and years of experience by Summa’s laser division in the UK with the experience Summa has in producing on a larger scale. The new GoProduce software perfectly complements the L1810 2nd generation and results into a powerful laser cutting solution. The software includes several smart, easy-to-use options and features to establish a fully automated workflow where operator comfort is key.
Industrial design with firm construction
The L1810 2nd generation laser cutter combines industrial design with an excellent laser source, optimal power control, an efficient feeding system and an improved scanning system. All of which results in a top-notch high performing laser cutter.
Benefits of the new L1810 laser cutter are:
- Optimal power control through Summa OptiPower Technology (OPT), which keeps the laser-focused and precise, even in larger working areas for a longer time.
- Consistent precision and quality thanks to the small, extremely focused laser beam leaving edges sealed and soft without fraying.
- High productivity thanks to quick acceleration and working methods such as cut-on-the-fly. The increased production capacity even enables businesses to process rush jobs, as well as bulk orders and peak production assignments.
- Optimal safety thanks to Class 1 safety system and top-notch extraction system.
- Far-stretched stability thanks to the industrialised welded steel base, enhancing accuracy, easier placement and maintenance.
- Future-proof with multiple field upgradeable (retrofit) options enabling the cutting equipment to grow with the business.
- Enhanced Vision system with scanner bridge, enabling the machine to cut while the material is being scanned and fed (cut on the fly).
- Powerful and intuitive software with GoProduce laser edition from Summa. It includes many smart functionalities and has been developed to handle jobs easily, efficiently and robustly whilst optimally using material.
Future-proof laser cutting solution
The robust construction, field upgradable options and software makes the L1810 2nd generation laser cutter a true future-proof working horse that thrives even in the most demanding, high-volume production environments. The L1810 2nd generation is built according to strict safety requirements, specific to Summa laser equipment. Designed with premium components for long durability and in such a way that the installation of these parts remains straightforward.
Christof Van Driessche, Chief Commercial Officer at Summa, adds: “With the experience and dedication on board, Summa continues to show true leadership as a supplier of high-end cutting solutions. The introduction of the 2nd generation L1810 laser cutter is once more a milestone in Summa’s long history of legendary performance. This 2nd generation sturdy workhorse will undoubtedly bring great performance and pleasure to many businesses, active in the textile, apparel and sportswear industries.”
The L1810 2nd generation is available for orders in Europe and the GoProduce Laser Edition software will be available on www.summa.com in March. In the US and Asia-Pacific regions, the launches follow in May.
Every day, for more than 3 decades, Summa delivers the world's highest-quality vinyl and contour cutters, finishing flatbeds and laser cutters without compromise. Summa provides cutting edge solutions for the printing, signage, display, apparel and packaging industries. Summa’s global headquarters is located in Gistel, Belgium and can be reached by calling +32 59 27 00 11 or at www.summa.com.