FESPA has published its comprehensive conference programme for the new Sustainability Spotlight feature at FESPA Global Print Expo 2022 (31st May to 3rd June 2022, Messe Berlin, Germany).
Sustainability Spotlight comprises 42 individual sessions, compiled with the needs and interests of FESPA visitors in mind and delivering important insights on a host of topics geared towards helping print and visual communications businesses operate in an environmentally responsible way.
Located in Hall 25, Stand C50, all Sustainability Spotlight sessions are free to attend with a FESPA and European Sign Expo 2022 entry ticket. The conference runs from 10:30am on Tuesday 31 May to 1:30pm on Friday 3 June.
Sustainability Spotlight is sponsored by headline supporters HP and Re-board Technology, premium partners Antalis and Drytac, as well as partner Hohenstein Textile Testing Institute GmbH & Co.
The full programme includes the following confirmed sessions and speakers:
- “Well Being” a Rising Value Proposition at Retail – Leo Van de Polder, Global Development Director, SHOP! NI
- An Introduction to Carbon Reduction – Dominic Harris, Co-Founder, CarbonQuota
- Digital Textile Printing: Meeting Consumer Demand for Sustainable Fashion and Apparel – Johnny Shell, Director of Functional & Industrial Printing, Keypoint Intelligence
- Eco-Design in Marketing at Retail – Mélissa Lancelot, Event Project Manager, POPAI France
- Eco-Passport – John Murphy, Technical Director Europe, Oeko Tex
- Getting Started with ISO Standards – Laurel Brunner, Managing Director, Digital Dots Limited
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) as Business Case for Sustainability ‘GOTS Information for Textile Printers on GOTS Requirements and Certification – Franziska Dormann, Representative to Global Brands, Global Organic Textile Standard
- ISO Standards – Laurel Brunner, Managing Director, Digital Dots Limited
- Replacing Conventional Materials with Paper – Maximillian Hansen, Nordwerk Design representing Re-board
- Standards – Laurel Brunner, Managing Director, Digital Dots Limited
- Sustainability in Display - Action Now! – Martin Kingdon, Chair and Sustainability Director, POPAI UK
- Sustainable Products for Short-Term Graphics – Shaun Holdom, Global Product Manager, Drytac
- Switching to More Sustainable Solutions with High Performance – Nicolas Coupry, Senior Market Manager & Sustainability Lead, Antalis
- The Carbon Impact of the Sustainability Spotlight Expo Display – Dominic Harris Co-Founder, CarbonQuota
- The Fibre Story – Ali Khalili, CEO, Re-board Technology
- The Future is PVC-Free - Are You Getting Left Behind? – Rob Karpenko, Director of Sales, Taya Europe BV
- The new Nordic Swan Ecolabelling Criteria for Printing Companies and Printed Matter – Anders Jacobsson, Senior Advisor and Nordic Product Development Advisor – Ecolabelling Sweden
- The Roadmap to Sustainable Textile Printing - Peter Buttiens, ESMA
- Using a Recycled Material Does Not Necessarily Make You a Virtuous Actor – Christophe Aussenac, Founding Director, ATC Groupe and FESPA President
The full programme will be chaired by Francisco Lozano Winterhalder, Biologist and Master Lecturer on sustainability and circular economy at ESADE Business School. Further sessions will be delivered by speakers from organisations including Bluedesign Technologies, HP and Kongsberg Systems.
Michael Ryan, Head of Global Print Expo comments: “As sustainability is moving up the agenda of print buyers and suppliers alike, it’s becoming imperative for PSPs to build their knowledge in this complex area and learn about the opportunities and challenges that come with making your business more sustainable. This comprehensive, free conference programme aims to support print businesses to meet changing environmental demands, while increasing productivity and profitability – all critical factors in sustainable, long-term growth.”
The complete FESPA 2022 Sustainability Spotlight programme and detailed session times can be found here: https://www.fespaglobalprintexpo.com/why-visit/features/Sustainability-Spotlight.
All Sustainability Spotlight sessions are in English. There is no need to pre-book sessions and there are no COVID restrictions for entry to the conference area.
PRINTERIORS 2022: AN INSPIRING SHOWCASE OF SUSTAINABLY PRODUCED DÉCOR
30 partners collaborate to create multi-textured space with emphasis on the environment
Printeriors 2022 at FESPA Global Print Expo (31 May – 3 June 2022, Messe Berlin, Germany) will offer visitors a comprehensive showcase of sustainably produced interior décor, with a clear emphasis on applications manufactured using environmentally responsible processes and ethically sourced materials.
Located in the South Entrance of the exhibition, Printeriors incorporates seven themed zones decorated using nature-inspired designs by artist Jasper Goodall. The feature is designed to deliver an immersive visual and tactile experience that encourages visitors to touch and feel, and to actively use the space for networking conversations or relaxation. Two new themes have been introduced for 2022 – Nature’s Canopy and Surface Micro – both tying into the overall ethos of sustainability, while introducing new elements of surface interest and texture.
Printeriors 2022 is a diverse collection of digitally printed applications, the result of collaboration with some 30 partners. The showcase includes textiles, wall coverings, floor graphics, window films, printed carpets, rugs and cushions, leathers, ceramics, metal and lenticular artwork, display signage, decorated tabletops, fine art prints, lighting and lightboxes, and acoustic fabric walls.
“The focus on sustainability at this year’s Printeriors reflects its growing significance in the interior décor and fashion industries”, explains FESPA Textile Ambassador and Printeriors Curator, Debbie McKeegan. “The pandemic has enhanced our collective focus on our natural environment and brands find themselves responding to escalating consumer demand for products with reduced environmental impact.
“Meanwhile, legacy supply chains involving mass off-shore production, warehousing and long-distance transportation are being replaced with near-shoring, just-in-time, small batch production, with increased use of digital technologies to personalise and customise. Sustainability, durability and circularity are the new watchwords in décor, and a visit to Printeriors in Berlin will demonstrate that stunning multi-sensory interiors can be created while still safeguarding our planet.”
Deluxe Partners Drytac, HP and Kornit bring a range of environmentally responsible innovations to Printeriors in Berlin. Printed glass films with embedded textures from Drytac have been used to embellish mirrors, with other vinyl products featuring on floors, walls and display signage. HP’s Latex 800W printer has been used to produce layers of white ink to create new decorative surface effects, in addition to textiles, wall coverings and graphics visible across all seven collections. The Surface Micro zone features several textile applications printed by Kornit on organic materials using its waterless NeoPigment™ technology, as well as XDi 3D applications such as gold textures.
The Tropical Neons and Surface Micro themes feature printed leathers produced by Premium Partner Brother, while the Cacti Geos and Organic Flora zones will glow with neon printed wall coverings from Mimaki. Other contributing partners include Agfa, Ava Cad/Cam, Canon, Chromaluxe, Durst, SwissQPrint, CMYUK, Dufaylite, EFI, EFKA, Eye 4 Colour, Imageco, John Mark, Pongs, Premier Digital Textiles, PressOn, R A Smart, Sentec International, Veika Dimense and Zimmer.
Free guided tours of Printeriors are available at 11.00h and 15.00h on the first three days of the show, and at 11.00h on the final day. Host Debbie McKeegan will explain the design process, production methodology, and the materials and digital technologies used to manufacture all the products on display. Find out more about Printeriors and register to attend a free tour at: https://www.fespaglobalprintexpo.com/why-visit/printeriors
Canon Launches Its New ImagePROGRAF TM Series
Canon has launched its new imagePROGRAF TM series of A0+ and A1+ printers for producers of technical and promotional large format printing applications…
SEFAR Tensocheck 200
Precise, Reproducible, and Well-Documented Screen Tension with SEFAR Tensocheck 200